viernes, 5 de abril de 2019

Unit 3 Management Style




Task 7.Speaking  With a partner, act out the roles below, base don the dialogue from Task 6. Then Switch roles.

Use language such as:
Do you have a complaint about one of the managers?
Can you give me an example?
I know everyone really likes...

A: Do you have a complaint about one of the managers?
 B: Well, it's not really a complaint. It's just that Ms. Henry is so, I don't know, distant.
 A: You mean she's hard to approach?
B: Exactly. And when you do, she doesn't really listen to what you have to say.
 A: Can you give me and example?
 B: Sure. Just last week I suggested to her that we email documents instead of printing them. It would save a lot of money. But Ms. Henry didn't even comment on it.
 A: Hmm. Thanks for letting me know. I don't imagine that does much for morale, does it?
B: Oh, it's not so bad. In fact, I know everyone really likes Mr. Tracey's management style.
A: What is it about him that people like?
B: He listens. He lets us contribute.
A: So he's a bit more democratic than Ms Henry?


Task 8. Writing
 You are a business owner. Write a memo to one of your managers suggesting that he or she adopt a new management style (100-120 words). Talk about:

·         What the employee’s complaints about the manager’s style are
·         Why it is important to change the management style
·         Which management style you recommend
·         Why you recommend this style

From: Lila Cruz
To: Mrs. Peter

Hello Mrs. Peter.
The main for this text is that I need say some thinks very important to improve the produccion, you need to be more like a leader and not like a boss. I mean you have to give the example for every act.
These tips for you are to improve as your job, as the results on the work.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario