Task 7 - Speaking.- With a partner, act out the roles below, based on the dialogue from
Task 6. Then switch roles.
Use language such as:
·
Are you
ready for your business trip?
·
I'm sacred
I'm going to ...
·
It's customary to ...
A: I've been reading up on Japanese etiquette. It's got me worried.
B: What are you worried about?
A: It's full of pitfalls! I'm scared I'm going to make some terrible
social gaffe.
B: I'm sure that if you're careful of your manners you'll be fine.
A: That's not the point. Good manners in Japan are different from
manners here. Sometimes they're the complete opposite!
B: Like what?
A: Well, here you make eye contact when you shake hands. In Japan
that's rude.
B: Really? I wasn't aware of that.
A: And it's customary to give gifts to your hosts, but there are so
many gifts that can be offensive.
B: Like what?
A: Let me see. Here it says avoid giving white flowers, and don't give
anything linked to the number four because it's unlucky!
B: So, what gifts are you going to take?
A: Well, the guide says people normally thank others for their
hospitality by giving candies.
B: Then you should buy something nice from the candy shop on the
corner.
A: Yes. Great idea
Task 8.- You are writing a guide for business people visitng your country.
Using the guide and the conversation from Task 7, write a guide to ettiquete
(100 - 120 words). Talk about:
·
What is
customary for people to do when they greet each other
·
What people
should be aware of during meals.
·
What sorts
of gifts are appropiate.
Etiquette guide for business people When people greet
each other in the USA it is customary to address them by their title and
surname and ask them how they are. If it is someone you are meeting for the
first time then you should shake their hands and say "Pleased to meet
you". If you go out for, say, a business lunch then generally you can eat
as much as you like. However, if you are invited into someone's home for a meal
you should try and leave your plate empty. Gifts are not expected but a small
gift, like some flowers, would be appreciated.

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario